Please note that the book club facilitator position for the UFV Alumni Association has been filled for this term. Sign up and stay connected with your UFV Alumni Association for future opportunities!
The UFV Alumni Association is looking for someone to guide their new Book Club Program.
Working closely with the Alumni Relations Office, the Book Club Facilitator will:
- Help recruit book club members using email and social media campaigns
- Consult book club members about book choices (a new book every two months). Ideally, the books will reflect current issues and/or feature alumni and Canadian authors.
- Moderate two discussions sessions (virtual or in-person) during the reading period. These sessions could include alumni authors and faculty/expert panels.
- Use the UFV Connect platform to communicate with the group (i.e.: book selection, discussions, satisfaction surveys etc)
- $1000/semester stipend (Sept-Dec/Jan-Apr/May-Aug)
- Early access and ticket discounts to select UFV alumni events
- Recognition on UFV-owned social and web channels
- Experience as a social media facilitator to add to your resumé
- The opportunity to meet new people while helping to expand the UFV alumni community and brand
How to apply
To be considered, you must be a member of UFV’s alumni, staff, or student.
Send an email with the subject line “I want to be the book club Facilitator!” to email@example.com. Include the following information in the body of your email
- Your full name
- Year you graduated (if you are UFV staff member but not an alumni of UFV, simply confirm your role at UFV)
- Credential received (i.e.: Bachelor’s of Arts, Accounting Certificate, Aboriginal Culture and Language Support Diploma), Electrical Certificate OR program of study
- Email address
- Daytime telephone number
- Cell number (if different than above)
One of our staff will contact you to review the responsibilities and requirements for this position.
The Book Club Facilitator is required to sign a one-year agreement, which is eligible for review and renewal annually at the discretion of UFV Alumni Relations Office.