The UFV Alumni Association seeks to recognize and engage with student leaders who go above and beyond the typical expectation on campus with the annual Outstanding Student Leader Award. This award recognizes one leader each year with $1000.
As leaders, these students’ accomplishments will serve as an example to the student body, the UFV community, and all those who follow the award recipient.
The Outstanding Student Leader Award was funded in 2019 by a group of alumni and the UFV Alumni Association. The award was designed to honour a student who has made impressive contributions to the UFV community.
The award will be bestowed annually, chosen by a committee of the UFV Alumni Association.
Now accepting nominations for the 2024 Outstanding Student Leadership Award.
What we are looking for
The nominee must meet the following criteria.
- The student must be approaching graduation with the intention of graduating with one of the following credentials:
- certificate, diploma, bachelor’s degree, or master’s degree
- The student must have demonstrated distinct leadership in one or more of the following areas:
- Community, national, and/or international contributions
- Commitment to others
- Acted with selflessness and/or courage
- The student selected must be available to receive the Outstanding Student Award and attend the award ceremony in person
- Students can nominate themselves or be nominated by someone
- Students who have recently graduated are not eligible (they may be eligible for the Distinguished Alumni Award program)
Exclusions from eligibility
- The student is an active politician
- The student is a volunteer committee member of the UFVAA