Now in its 13th year the Alumni Commemorative Wine has become a highly anticipated annual tradition.
The Commemorative Wine series promotes awareness of the UFV Alumni Association while generating revenue for programs, services, and scholarships to students, and while allowing us to showcase the talent of a UFV alumnus each year.
The wine label features the alumnus’ art work (front label) and their brief biography (back label).
The wine is purchased as graduation gifts, memorabilia, and prizes; and served at UFV faculty, staff, and community gatherings.
The submitting artist will provide:
- Two images of artwork to be featured on the front labels, one for the white wine and the other for the red wine
- A brief biography of the artist to be included on the back wine label
Marketing of the wine includes:
- Internal promotion to over 1,000 UFV staff and faculty including a showcase to the Senior Administration, Board of Governors, UFV Senate, UFV Alumni Association Board of Directors
- Wine featured at UFV events
- Promotion to more than 19,000 alumni through the UFV Alumni website, monthly email updates, and the bi-annual university magazine, “Skookum”
Criteria for submission:
- Submit digital reproductions of artwork created by alumni of UFV, University College of the Fraser Valley or Fraser Valley College
- Preference will be given to an alumnus of the Graphic Design or Visual/Fine Arts program or an alumnus who is currently employed in the field
- Artist agrees to allow UFV to crop digital images of the selected artwork should this be necessary for designing the wine label
Information to be submitted:
- Year and program of graduation
- A brief biography (70 – 90 words)
- An electronic copy of the art works being proposed for the labels
- A brief description of the artwork (50 – 70 words)
- Submission of artwork is limited to three (3) pieces. The submission may include any artwork that can be digitally reproduced – digital reproductions of paintings, photography, sculpture and computer generated artwork. Each digital submission should take into consideration that the image will be rendered onto a wine label with a portrait orientation. See the previous year’s labels
- The wine labels are designed and created by UFV’s designers
- Submissions, which meet the criteria outlined above, will be eligible for selection for an additional two years
All proposals must be submitted by Monday, January 15, 2018 to:
UFV Alumni Relations Office
33844 King Road
Tel: (604) 557-4086
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org