FRASER VALLEY — We are looking for one creative alumnus/alumna to become part of a growing annual tradition.
Now in its 17th year, the Alumni Commemorative Wine series promotes awareness of the UFV Alumni Association while generating revenue for programs, services, and scholarships to students.
Through the annual wine label competition, the Alumni Association proudly showcases the talent of a UFV alumnus/alumna each year, with the winning artwork featured on the front label and a brief biography of the artist on the back label.
This year’s wine is produced in partnership with Chaberton Estate Winery and honours the graduating class of 2021. The wine is often purchased as graduation gifts, memorabilia, and prizes, and is frequently served at UFV faculty, staff, and community gatherings.
So what are you waiting for? Gain exposure for your artwork and become part of a growing annual tradition.
- The contest is open to alumni of the University of the Fraser Valley, University College of the Fraser Valley or Fraser Valley College
- Artwork must be in the possession of the artist at the time of the contest; it cannot be a piece of artwork that has been previously sold or is otherwise unavailable for exclusive use by the UFV Alumni Association during the 2021 Alumni Wine season.
- Submission must adhere to the criteria listed in the “Submission Criteria” section of this site. Submissions which meet the criteria outlined below will be eligible for selection for an additional two years
- Artist agrees to allow UFV to crop digital images of the selected artwork should this be necessary for designing the wine label
- All submissions will be reviewed, and the winner will be selected by the UFV Alumni Association
- All submissions must be received by Friday, January 15, 2021, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “2021 Alumni Commemorative Wine Label Contest”
- The winning artist will receive $250 and will be invited to attend a “2021 Wine Launch Ceremony.” Dates and details to be confirmed in March of 2021
- Artists must submit two (2) different pieces of artwork to be featured on the front labels of the wine bottle, one for the white wine and the other for the red wine
- Submissions must be original pieces of artwork. The submission may include any artwork that can be digitally reproduced – digital reproductions of paintings, photography, sculpture and computer-generated artwork. Each digital submission should consider that the image will be rendered onto a wine label with a portrait orientation. Please see the UFV Alumni Association website for the previous year’s labels
- The wine labels are designed and created by UFV’s designers; therefore, submissions should not contain any text or label information.
- Artists must submit a brief description for each artwork (50 – 70 words per piece)
- Artists must submit a brief biography to be included on the back wine label (70 – 90 words). The biography must confirm the artist’s year and program of graduation. UFV retains the right to edit the biography for final production
- Artists must submit a high-resolution headshot of themselves in JPG format
Contest now closed. Thank you to all who submitted.