FRASER VALLEY – Did you know that as a member of our UFV alumni community, you have the opportunity to make a difference in shaping the future of our university? The UFV Senate consists of various members, including one alumni representative. The responsibility to nominate the perfect candidate for this important role falls upon the UFV Alumni Association!
Nominate an Alum or Apply Yourself
If you are passionate about contributing to UFV’s academic policies and providing valuable advice to the Board on policies of mutual interest, or if you know an exceptional graduate who fits the bill, we invite you to submit your nomination! The nomination package, found below, contains everything you need to know about the position, including the term, requirements, and timelines. You’ll find a letter from the Alumni Association Chair, a nominations application, a memorandum of understanding, and an information package.
How It Works
1. Complete the approved nomination application by August 31, 2023 and forward to the Alumni Engagement office.
2. All nomination applications received will be promptly forwarded to the Governance Committee.
3. The Committee will carefully review all nomination applications.
4. Suitable nomination applications will be electronically forwarded to the Alumni Board, allowing ample time for their review prior to their September meeting.
5. The Alumni Board, guided by the provided criteria and guidelines, will select the ideal candidate for the vacancy and forward their name to the Senate.
6. We will inform all candidates of the Alumni Board’s decision and ensure the successful candidate has all the necessary information and support.
The nomination and selection timeline for the Alumni Representative on the Senate is as follows:
- Deadline for applications: August 31, 2023
- The Alumni Board will review applications and select the nominee: September 27, 2023
- The selected candidate’s name will be forwarded to the Senate: September 28, 2023
- All candidates will be notified of the Alumni Board’s decision, and the successful candidate will receive all relevant materials
Join the UFV Senate and Shape the Future!
Serving on the Senate is an incredible opportunity to have a tangible impact on the academic policies of UFV. As a Senate member, you will engage in meaningful discussions, contribute to important decisions, and serve on at least one standing committee that drives university-wide initiatives. These committees include the Academic Planning and Priorities Committee, the Faculty Standards Committee, the Graduate Studies Committee, the Indigenization Committee (if self-identified), the Senate Awards and Honours Committee, the Senate Committee for Student Appeals, the Senate Governance Committee, the Senate Research Committee, the Senate Teaching and Learning Committee, and the Undergraduate Education Committee.
We are committed to ensuring that the person chosen for this role aligns with our vision, mission and values.
So, don’t miss out on this opportunity to become an influential voice in shaping the future of UFV. Nominate an outstanding alum or apply yourself for the Alumni Representative position on the Senate and let your UFV pride shine!
For more information, please contact the Alumni Engagement office.